How To Change Wiper Blades - Tips
Note: Most wiper blades simply snap off and on, do not require any tools,
and take about 5-15 minutes to replace. Your new wiper blades come with easy-to-follow,
step-by-step, illustrated instructions and wiper blade installation videos are
provided at the bottom of our website.
Tip: We highly recommend getting your wipers out of the package and
in your hands while viewing the videos and going through the instructions. Studying
installation instructions can create confusion and anxiety that can be avoided
by simply looking at, and getting the wipers in your hands.
- Replace wipers BEFORE bad weather and dangerous conditions forces
you to replace them. Ideally, wipers should be replaced as part of regular
vehicle maintenance and when the task can be completed in a relaxed and non-urgent
manner rather than during a rain or snow storm.
- Purchase the CORRECT replacement wiper blades. Nowadays, you have
to be more aware of attachment since there's over 15 types of common wiper
arm attachments. Our "Smart Lookup System" is 99% accurate by matching not
only wiper lengt, but wiper attachment as well.
- When your wipers arrive, watch the installation videos below. Before
viewing, we recommend taking a picture of your wiper arms where they attach
to the wiper blades - this will help you select the correct videos to view.
We also recommend taking the wiper blades out of their package and get them
in your hands while viewing the videos.
- Go outside to your vehicle! Reading instructions, viewing videos,
and pre-educating yourself is good, but nothing is better than having your
vehicle in front of you and your wipers in-hand as you go through the step-by-step
- Optional But Recommended - Clean Your Windows: Since you've committed
the time and attention to increasing vision and safety, now is a great time
to give your windows a thorough cleaning. Scrub your windows, removing all
debris. Your windows should be smooth to the touch which improves wiper performance
- Optional But Recommended - Treat Your Glass: After cleaning your
glass, We highly recommend applying Trico View glass treatment which improves
the effectiveness of wiper blades drastically. More information is provided
at the bottom of our website and automatically during checkout.
- Additional Installation Resources: Your Vehicle's Owner's Manual